from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of soften.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from soften, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making soft or softer.
- n. In painting, the blending of colors into each other.
- n. In pathology, a diminution of the natural and healthy firmness of organs or parts of organs; mollities.
- n. The removal of antimony and other impurities from lead. See improving, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming softer
- adj. having a softening or soothing effect especially to the skin
Sorry, no etymologies found.