from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to genetics or genes.
- adj. Affecting or determined by genes: genetic diseases.
- adj. Of, relating to, or influenced by the origin or development of something.
- adj. Linguistics Of or relating to the relationship between or among languages that are descendants of the same protolanguage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. relating to genetics or genes
- adj. caused by genes
- adj. of or relating to origin (genesis)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as genetical.
- adj. Of or pertaining to genes or genetics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to genesis in any way; as regards origin or mode of production.
- Thè definition of a natural kind by means of an explanation of how such things first came to be.
- n. A medicine which acts on the sexual organs.
- An element in recent adjectives which correspond to nouns in -genesis (see genesis) and -geny (see -geny), as biogenetic, phylogenetic, etc. See genetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or produced by or being a gene
- adj. pertaining to or referring to origin
- adj. occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
- adj. of or relating to the science of genetics
From Greek genetikos, genitive, from genesis, origin; see genesis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)