from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be inherited: inheritable traits; inheritable property.
- adj. Having the right to inherit or the capability of inheriting: an inheritable heir.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That can be inherited
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being inherited; transmissible or descendible.
- adj. Capable of being transmitted from parent to child.
- adj. Capable of taking by inheritance, or of receiving by descent; capable of succeeding to, as an heir.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being inherited; transmissible or descendible from the ancestor to the heir by course of law; heritable: as, an inheritable estate or title.
- Capable of being transmitted by or received from progenitors: as, inheritable qualities or infirmities.
- Capable of inheriting; qualified to inherit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being inherited
Sorry, no etymologies found.