from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a family.
- adj. Occurring or tending to occur among members of a family, usually by heredity: familial traits; familial disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to human family.
- adj. Of or pertaining to any grouping of things referred to as a family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. relating to or having the characteristics of a family.
- adj. tending to occur among members of a family, usually by hereditary transmission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occurring in members of the same family, though not necessarily hereditary: said of certain diseases, especially of the nervous system.
- As in a family; family-like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
- adj. relating to or having the characteristics of a family
From the Latin familia suffixed with -al. (Wiktionary)