from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced by motion.
- adj. Relating to or exhibiting kinesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to motion
- adj. Of or relating to kinesis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving or causing motion; motory; active, as opposed to latent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing motion; motory.
- Pertaining to or consisting in motion: as, kinetic energy (energy in the form of motion).
- n. Same as kinetics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by motion
- adj. relating to the motion of material bodies and the forces associated therewith
- adj. supplying motive force
Greek kīnētikos, from kīnētos, moving, from kīnein, to move; see kei-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek κινητικός (kinētikos, "one who puts in motion"), from κινέω (kineō, "I move, put in motion") (Wiktionary)