from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving as or relating to a prosthesis.
- adj. Of or relating to prosthetics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. artificial, acting as a substitute for part of the body; relating to prosthesis
- n. A prosthesis (prosthetic device)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to prosthesis; prefixed, as a letter or letters to a word.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exhibiting or pertaining to prosthesis; added; especially, prefixed.
- In surgery, relating to or concerned in the supplying of an artificial part in place of the natural one which is wanting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to prosthetics
- adj. relating to or serving as a prosthesis
From Ancient Greek προσθετικός ("adding; repletive; giving additional power"), from πρόσθεσις (prosthesis, "addition"), from προστίθημι (prostithēmi, "I add"), from πρός (pros, "towards") + τίθημι (tithēmi, "I place"). (Wiktionary)