from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or befitting athletics or athletes.
- adj. Characterized by or involving physical activity or exertion; active: an athletic lifestyle; an athletic child.
- adj. Physically strong and well-developed; muscular: an actor with an athletic build. See Synonyms at muscular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having to do with athletes
- adj. physically active
- adj. having a muscular, well developed body, being in shape
- adj. An attribute of a motion or play which requires fine physical ability
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to athletes or to the exercises practiced by them.
- adj. Befitting an athlete; strong; muscular; robust; vigorous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to athletes or to the exercises practised by them: as, athletic sports. Hence Strong; robust; vigorous; physically powerful and active.
- n. An athlete.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a sturdy and well proportioned body
- adj. relating to or befitting athletics or athletes
- adj. vigorously active
Sorry, no etymologies found.