from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to wire.
- adj. Resembling wire in form or quality, especially in stiffness: wiry red hair.
- adj. Sinewy and lean: He had a wiry build.
- adj. Produced by or as if by wire being vibrated. Used of sounds: a wiry tone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Thin, muscular and flexible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of wire; like wire; drawn out like wire.
- adj. Capable of endurance; tough; sinewy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made of wire; in the form of wire.
- Resembling wire; especially, tough and flexible; of persons, lean and sinewy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of hair that resembles wire in stiffness
- adj. lean and sinewy
- adj. of or relating to wire
Sorry, no etymologies found.