from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who resists; especially a member of a resistance movement.
- n. A thing which resists.
- adj. That which makes resistance or offers opposition.
- adj. That which is not affected or overcome by a disease, drug, chemical or atmospheric agent, extreme of temperature, etc..
- adj. Not greatly influenced by individual members of a sample.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making resistance; resisting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making resistance; resisting.
- n. One who or that which resists.
- n. Same as resist, 2.
- In botany, able to resist the attacks of parasites: applied to those plants which, because of some inherent property, are able to resist the attack of those parasites to which they are usually subject.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to tolerate environmental conditions or physiological stress
- adj. incapable of absorbing or mixing with
- adj. relating to or conferring immunity (to disease or infection)
- adj. impervious to being affected
- adj. disposed to or engaged in defiance of established authority
From French résistant (Wiktionary)