from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to dispute. See Synonyms at argumentative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to something that is in question as to its value or intent.
- adj. Inclined to argue or debate; provoking debate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclined to dispute; apt to civil or controvert; characterized by dispute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by disputation; controversial; polemical; contentious: as, a disputatious temper.
- Inclined to dispute or wrangle; apt to debate, cavil, or controvert: as, a disputatious theologian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inclined or showing an inclination to dispute or disagree, even to engage in law suits
Sorry, no etymologies found.