from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, produced by, or characterized by internal dissension.
- adj. Given to or promoting internal dissension. See Synonyms at insubordinate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or caused by factions.
- adj. Given to or characterized by discordance or insubordination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to faction; addicted to form parties and raise dissensions, in opposition to government or the common good; turbulent; seditious; prone to clamor against public measures or men; -- said of persons.
- adj. Pertaining to faction; proceeding from faction; indicating, or characterized by, faction; -- said of acts or expressions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to faction; dissentious; promoting partizan views or aims by perverse or irregular means; turbulent.
- Pertaining to or proceeding from faction; of a turbulent partizan character.
- Active; urgent; zealous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dissenting (especially dissenting with the majority opinion)
From the Latin factiosus "divisive; inclined to separate"; derivative of factio (Wiktionary)