from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to quarreling; contentious. See Synonyms at argumentative, belligerent.
- adj. Marked by quarreling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Argumentative; belligerent; contentious; given to quarreling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt or disposed to quarrel; given to brawls and contention; easily irritated or provoked to contest; irascible; choleric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Apt to quarrel; given to brawls and contention; inclined to petty fighting; easily irritated or provoked to contest; irascible”; choleric; petulant; also, proceeding from or characteristic of such a disposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given to quarreling
quarrel + -some (Wiktionary)