from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking moral discipline or ignoring legal restraint, especially in sexual conduct.
- adj. Having no regard for accepted rules or standards.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking restraint, or ignoring societal standards, particularly in sexual conduct.
- adj. Disregarding accepted rules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by license; passing due bounds; excessive; abusive of freedom; wantonly offensive.
- adj. Unrestrained by law or morality; lawless; immoral; dissolute; lewd; lascivious
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or using license; marked by or indulging too great freedom; overpassing due bounds or limits; excessive.
- Specifically Unrestrained by law, religion, or morality; wanton; loose; dissolute; libidinous: as, a licentions person; licentious desires.
- Synonyms Profligate, dissolute, debauched. See list under lascivious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking moral discipline; especially sexually unrestrained
Latin licentiōsus, from licentia, freedom, license; see license.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin licentiōsus, from licentia ("license, freedom") (Wiktionary)