from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of an orgy.
- adj. Arousing or causing unrestrained emotion; frenzied.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to an orgy; wild, uncontrolled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, orgies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of the orgies or mystic festivities of the ancient Greeks, Phrygians, etc., especially those in honor of Bacchus or of Cybele; characterized by or consisting in wild, unnatural, impure, or cruel revelry; frantically enthusiastic: as, orgiastic rites; orgiastic worship. See orgy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of riotously drunken merrymaking
- adj. used of frenzied sexual activity
Greek orgiastikos, from orgiastēs, celebrant of orgies, from orgiazein, to celebrate orgies, from orgia, orgies; see orgy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)