from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a relatively long head with a cephalic index below 76.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a head that is long from front to back (relative to its width from left to right).
- n. A dolichocephalic person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the cranium, or skull, long to its breadth; long-headed; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Long-headed; pertaining to a long head: as, a dolichocephalic person or race; a dolichocephalic skull.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a relatively long head with a cephalic index of under 75
- n. an adult with a long narrow head
Greek dolikhos, long; see del-1 in Indo-European roots + -cephalic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From dolicho- + cephalic, hence literally roughly “long-headed”. (Wiktionary)