from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of, containing, or resembling bone; bony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or made of bone; bony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of bone; resembling bone; capable of forming bone; bony; ossific.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bony; made of bone; having the nature or structure of bone; ossified: as, osseous tissue. See bone and ossein.
- Having a bony skeleton; ossean; teleost: as, an osseous fish. See teleost.
- Full of bones; composed or largely consisting of bones; ossiferous: as, osseous breccia.
- Hard as bone, or otherwise resembling bone; ossiform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of or containing bone
From Latin osseus, from os, oss-, bone; see ost- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)