from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a joint or joints: the articular surfaces of bones.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, at, or relating to the joints of the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the joints
- n. A bone in the base of the lower jaw of many birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or affecting an articulation or joint; entering into the composition of an articulation: as, the articular surface of a bone; an articular cartilage; an articular disease.
- In zoology, articulate; specifically, of or pertaining to the Articulata.
- n. Same as articulare.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or affecting the joints of the body
Middle English articuler, from Latin articulāris, from articulus, small joint; see article.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)