from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Somewhat or moderately acute: subacute petals and sepals.
- adj. Between acute and chronic: subacute fever symptoms; subacute endocarditis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Less than acute
- adj. Having a pointed tip, but with a broad or slightly rounded angle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderalely acute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Noting a condition just below that of acuteness, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. less than acute; relating to a disease present in a person with no symptoms of it
Sorry, no etymologies found.