from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unlike; different.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not similar; unlike; different
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not similar; unlike; heterogeneous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unlike as to appearance, properties, or nature; not similar; different; heterogeneous: as, dissimilar features; dissimilar dispositions.
- In botany, having different forms in the same individual, as the anthers in the genus Cassia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not similar
- adj. not alike or similar
- adj. marked by dissimilarity
dis- + similar (Wiktionary)