from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or marked by antithesis.
- adj. Being in diametrical opposition. See Synonyms at opposite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to antithesis, or opposition of words and sentiments; containing, or of the nature of, antithesis; contrasted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of antithesis; directly opposed or contrasted: as, these conceptions are antithetical.
- Containing or abounding in antithesis; characterized by or making use of antithesis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sharply contrasted in character or purpose
From Medieval Latin antitheticus, from Greek antithetikos, from antitithenai, to oppose; see antithesis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)