from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to be a hindrance; disadvantageous: unfavorable winds.
- adj. Having or showing opposition; adverse: an unfavorable reaction to our proposal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Disadvantageous, adverse, unsuitable, inconducive; serving to hinder or oppose.
- adj. Not favorable, disapproving.
- adj. Causing obstacles or delay; not conducive to travel or work; inclement.
- adj. Not auspicious; ill-boding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not favorable; not propitious; adverse; contrary; discouraging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not favorable; not propitious; discouraging; adverse. Not adapted to promote some specified object; somewhat prejudicial: as, weather unfavorable for harvest; unfavorable conditions.
- Ill-favored; ugly; unattractive; repulsive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not encouraging or approving or pleasing
- adj. not favorable
- adj. (of winds or weather) tending to hinder or oppose
un- + favourable (Wiktionary)