from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Detrimental; unfavorable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not advantageous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Attended with disadvantage; unfavorable to success or prosperity; inconvenient; prejudicial; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Attended with disadvantage; not adapted to promote interest, reputation, or other good; unfavorable; detrimental.
- Biased; unfriendly; prejudicial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. constituting a disadvantage
disadvantage + -ous (Wiktionary)