from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or characterized by courage; valiant. See Synonyms at brave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, displaying or possessing courage.
- adj. Of an action, that requires courage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessing, or characterized by, courage; brave; bold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing or characterized by courage; brave; daring; intrepid.
- Synonyms Gallant, Valiant, etc. See brave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching
Old French corageus, from corage + -eus (Wiktionary)