from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing initiative and willingness to undertake new projects: The enterprising children opened a lemonade stand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Displaying bravery and daring in the attempt of some task.
- adj. Being very able and ingenious in business dealings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a disposition for enterprise; characterized by enterprise; resolute, active or prompt to attempt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a disposition for or a tendency to enterprise; ready to undertake, or resolute or prompt to attempt, important or untried schemes.
- Synonyms Adventurous, Enterprising. Rash, etc. (see adventurous); alert, stirring, energetic, smart, wide-awake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by imagination, initiative, and readiness to undertake new projects
Sorry, no etymologies found.