from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Strong, energetic, and active in mind or body; robust. See Synonyms at healthy.
- adj. Marked by or done with force and energy. See Synonyms at active.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Physically strong and active.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessing vigor; full of physical or mental strength or active force; strong; lusty; robust.
- adj. Exhibiting strength, either of body or mind; powerful; strong; forcible; energetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing vigor of body or mind; full of strength or active force; strong; lusty; robust; powerful; having strong vitality or power of growth, as a plant; also, having or exerting force of any kind.
- Exhibiting or resulting from vigor, energy, or strength, either physical or mental; powerful; forcible; energetic; strong.
- Synonyms Hale, sound, sturdy, hearty, thrifty, flourishing.
- 1 and Nervous, spirited.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. strong and active physically or mentally
- adj. characterized by forceful and energetic action or activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.