from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Brisk; vigorous; spanking: a smacking breeze.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of smack.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sharp, quick noise; a smack.
- adj. Making a sharp, brisk sound; hence, brisk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making a sharp, brisk sound; hence, smart; lively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.