from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impervious or resistant to damage by fire.
- transitive v. To make fireproof.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resistant to damage from fire.
- v. To make resistant to damage from fire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Proof against fire; incombustible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proof against fire; so constructed or protected as to be incombustible.
- To render proof against fire by some protecting cover, by chemical treatment, or by construction with incombustible materials.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impervious to damage by fire
- v. make resistant to fire
fire + -proof (Wiktionary)