from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Incapable of burning.
- n. An incombustible object or material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not capable of catching fire and burning; not flammable.
- n. Any substance that is not flammable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not combustible; not capable of being burned, decomposed, or consumed by fire; uninflammable
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not combustible; incapable of being burned or consumed by fire.
- n. A substance or thing that will not burn, or cannot be consumed by fire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not capable of igniting and burning
From in- + combust + -ible. (Wiktionary)