from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of igniting and burning.
- adj. Easily aroused or excited.
- n. A substance that ignites and burns readily.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of burning
- n. A material that is capable of burning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of taking fire and burning; apt to catch fire; inflammable.
- adj. Easily kindled or excited; quick; fiery; irascible.
- n. A substance that may be set on fire, or which is liable to take fire and burn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of taking fire and burning; capable of undergoing combustion: as, wood and coal are combustible.
- Hence Easily excited; fiery; irascible; inflammable: said of persons.
- n. A substance that will take fire and burn: as, wood and coal are combustibles; the building was full of combustibles. See combustion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a substance that can be burned to provide heat or power
- adj. capable of igniting and burning
Sorry, no etymologies found.