from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to middle age: middle-aged parents; middle-aged interests.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to middle age; neither old nor young
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being about the middle of the ordinary age of man; early in the century, it was considered between 30 and 50 years old, but by the end of the 19th centruy it was considered as 40 to 60.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having lived to the middle, of the ordinary age of man. By a middle-aged man is generally understood a man from the age of forty to fifty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being roughly between 45 and 65 years old
Sorry, no etymologies found.