from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of beard.
- adj. having a beard
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a beard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a beard.
- In heraldry: Same as barbed, 3. Having a train like that of a comet or meteor (which see).
- In entom.: Having a tuft of hairs on the clypeus, overhanging the mouth. Covered on one side with short and thickly set hairs: said of antennæ.
- In botany: Awned; especially, having long stout awns, as bearded wheat.
- Having a special growth of hairs on certain organs, as on the inside of the corolla in many flowers, for example, those of Pentstemon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a growth of hairlike awns
- adj. having hair on the cheeks and chin
Sorry, no etymologies found.