from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a dark complexion or color.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. tawny, dusky, dark
- adj. dark-skinned
- adj. evil, malicious
- adj. weathered, rough
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being of a dark hue or dusky complexion; tawny; swart.
- transitive v. To make swarthy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dark; tawny; swart.
- To blacken; make swarthy or swart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. naturally having skin of a dark color
Alteration of swarty, from swart.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Alteration of swarty, from swart + -y, Old English sweart, "black". (Wiktionary)