from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Embarrassed: "They were caught red-handed, and now they are red-faced” ( Margaret Thatcher).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. with a red face; flushed, due to emotional or physical causes.
- adj. embarrassed
- adj. inebriate
- adj. angry
- adj. flustered
- adj. exhausted
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a red face.
- In ornithology, having the front of the head red: as, the red-faced or Pallas's cormorant, Phalacrocorax perspicillatus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion
- adj. having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset
Sorry, no etymologies found.