from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chiefly British See colored.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a particular colour or kind of colour
- adj. Having prominent colours; colourful
- adj. Influenced pervasively but subtly
- adj. Of skin colour other than the white, particularly black.
- adj. Of neither black nor white skin colour.
- n. (sometimes derogatory) A person who is not white.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as colored.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of color) artificially produced; not natural
- adj. having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
- adj. having skin rich in melanin pigments
- adj. favoring one person or side over another
Sorry, no etymologies found.