from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Represented in paint.
- adj. Covered or decorated with paint.
- adj. Brightly colored; gaudy.
- adj. Excessively made up with cosmetics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of paint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered or adorned with paint; portrayed in colors.
- adj. Marked with bright colors
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Coated or covered with paint, or with designs executed in colors.
- In zoology, highly colored; having a bright, rich, or varied coloration, as if artificially painted.
- Depicted in colors.
- Existing merely as a picture or representation; artificial; counterfeit; feigned; unreal; disguised.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coated with paint
- adj. lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting
- adj. having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
- adj. having makeup applied
Sorry, no etymologies found.