from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or device that purifies (by removing impurities)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, purifies or cleanses; a cleanser; a refiner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which purifies or cleanses; a cleanser; a refiner; specifically, a purificator.
- n. In milling, an apparatus for separating branscales and flour from grits or middlings.
- n. In the manufacture of coal-gas, the tank or chamber in which the gas is exposed to the action of slaked lime, or to a mixture of this with the oxyhydroxid of iron, in order to remove objectionable constituents, especially carbon dioxid and sulphureted hydrogen.
- n. A device for cleansing water from injurious or undesirable impurities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an apparatus for removing impurities
Sorry, no etymologies found.