from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The formation or discharge of pus.
- n. Pus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Decay in tissue producing pus, or the pus itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of suppurating.
- n. The matter produced by suppuration; pus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formation of pus.
- n. The matter produced by suppuration; pus: as, the suppuration was abundant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) the formation of morbific matter in an abscess or a vesicle and the discharge of pus
- n. a fluid product of inflammation
1540s, from Latin sūppuratiō. (Wiktionary)