from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of submerging, or the state of being submerged; immersion
- n. See submersion (mathematics)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of submerging, or putting under water or other fluid, or of causing to be overflowed; the act of plunging under water, or of drowning.
- n. The state of being put under water or other fluid, or of being overflowed or drowned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of submerging, or the state of being submerged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of wetting something by submerging it
- n. sinking until covered completely with water
Latin submersio (submergere) (Wiktionary)