from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pathological obsession with one idea or subject.
- n. Intent concentration on or exaggerated enthusiasm for a single subject or idea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excessive interest or concentration on a singular object or subject.
- n. A pathological obsession with one person, thing or idea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Derangement of the mind in regard of a single subject only; also, such a concentration of interest upon one particular subject or train of ideas to show mental derangement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Insanity in which there is a more or less complete limitation of the perverted mental action to a particular field, as a specific delusion, or an impulse to do some particular thing. The other mental functions may show some signs of degeneration.
- n. In popular use, an unreasonable zeal for or interest in some one thing; a craze.
- n. Synonyms Lunacy, Derangement, etc. See insanity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mania restricted to one thing or idea