from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of depersonalizing.
- n. The state of being depersonalized.
- n. Psychology A state in which the normal sense of personal identity and reality is lost.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of depersonalizing or the state of being depersonalized
- n. the loss of one's sense of personal identity
- n. A feeling of being unreal, detached or unable to feel emotion
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. representing a human being as a physical thing deprived of personal qualities or individuality
- n. emotional dissociative disorder in which there is loss of contact with your own personal reality accompanied by feelings of unreality and strangeness
- n. (existentialism) a loss of personal identity; a feeling of being an anonymous cog in an impersonal social machine
Sorry, no etymologies found.