from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of grow.
- n. The action of the verb to grow.
- adj. That grows.
- adj. Connected with growing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the sequence of events involved in the development of an organism.
- adj. increasing in intensity of some quality.
- adj. increasing in size or amount.
- adj. increasing in size and maturity; -- of living things normally healthy and not fully matured.
- adj. p. pr. of grow (definition 3).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The gradual increment of animal or vegetable bodies; increase in bulk, extent, amount, value, etc.; augmentation; enlargement.
- n. That which has grown; growth.
- Promoting or encouraging growth, as of plants: as, growing weather.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
- n. (electronics) the production of (semiconductor) crystals by slow crystallization from the molten state
- adj. relating to or suitable for growth
Sorry, no etymologies found.