from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being absurd or inconsistent with obvious truth, reason, or sound judgment.
- n. That which is absurd; an absurd action; a logical contradiction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being absurd or inconsistent with obvious truth, reason, or sound judgment; want of rationality or common sense: as, the absurdity of superstition; absurdity of conduct.
- n. That which is absurd; an absurd action, statement, argument, custom, etc.: as, the absurdities of men; your explanation involves a gross absurdity.
- n. Synonyms Absurdness, silliness, unreasonableness, self-contradiction, preposterousness, inconsistency. See folly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a message whose content is at variance with reason
- n. a ludicrous folly
Sorry, no etymologies found.