from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Nonsense.
- intransitive v. To fritter away one's time; dally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. nonsense
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trifle; trifling talk; nonsense.
- intransitive v. To talk nonsense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To trifle; busy one's self with nothing; talk trifling nonsense; dawdle; dally.
- n. Trifling talk; trifles. Also fiddle-cum-faddle and fidfad.
- Trifling; making a bustle about nothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trivial nonsense
Reduplication of fiddle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)