from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is odd.
- n. The state or quality of being odd; strangeness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An odd or strange thing.
- n. A strange person; an oddball.
- n. strangeness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being odd; singularity; queerness; peculiarity.
- n. That which is odd.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being odd; singularity; strangeness; whimsicality.
- n. A peculiarity; a singularity; an odd way.
- n. A singular person or thing; one characterized by oddness.
- n. Synonyms See eccentric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting
- n. a strange attitude or habit
- n. eccentricity that is not easily explained
Sorry, no etymologies found.