from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something of the wrong size or shape for its purpose.
- n. One who is unable to adjust to one's environment or circumstances or is considered to be disturbingly different from others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ill-fitting garment.
- n. A failure to fit well; unsuitability, disparity.
- n. A badly adjusted person; someone unsuitable or set apart because of their habits, behaviour etc.
- v. To fit badly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or the state of fitting badly
- n. Something that fits badly, as a garment.
- n. A person who does not fit in comfortably with the surrounding situation or society; one who cannot conform or adjust to the circumstances in which he lives.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make, as a garment, etc., of a wrong size.
- To supply with something that does not fit or is not suitable.
- n. A wrong or bad fit; something, as a suit of clothes, that fits badly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone unable to adapt to their circumstances
From mis- + fit. (Wiktionary)