from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person or thing without equal.
- n. See black medic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person or thing of a sort that there is no other such; something extraordinary; a thing that has not its equal. It is given as a name to various objects, as to a choice variety of apple, a species of medic (Medicago lupulina), a variety of pottery clay, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formerly, a person or thing such as to have no parallel; an extraordinary thing; a thing that has not its equal.
- n. Specifically— See blackseed, medic, and Medicago.
- n. Lychnis Chalcedonica.
- n. A variety of apple. Also spelled nonsuch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
First attested in 1590: none + such. (Wiktionary)