from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of choose.
- adj. Selected from or preferred above others: the chosen few.
- adj. Having been selected by God; elect.
- n. The elect considered as a group. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of choose
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Selected from a number; picked out; choice.
- n. One who, or that which is the object of choice or special favor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Picked; choice; select.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the name for Korea as a Japanese province (1910-1945)
- n. one who is the object of choice; who is given preference
- n. an exclusive group of people
Sorry, no etymologies found.