from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or giving advantage or preference: preferential treatment.
- adj. Manifesting or originating from partiality or preference: preferential tariff rates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the showing or giving of preference.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Giving, indicating, or having a preference or precedence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or having preference; such as to be preferred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. manifesting partiality
Sorry, no etymologies found.