from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being impotent.
- n. See erectile dysfunction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Powerlessness.
- n. Inability to copulate or beget children; sterility, erectile dysfunction, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being impotent; lack of strength or power, animal, intellectual, or moral; weakness; feebleness; inability; imbecility.
- n. Lack of self-restraint or self-control.
- n. Lack of procreative power; inability to copulate, or beget children; also, sometimes, sterility; barrenness
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being impotent; want of power or vigor, physical, intellectual, or moral; weakness; feebleness; inability; defect of power, more especially adventitious power, to perform anything.
- n. Complete failure of sexual power in the male; also, rarely, such weakness in the female.
- n. Want of self-restraining power; ungovernable passion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking strength or power; being weak and feeble
- n. an inability (usually of the male animal) to copulate
Latin impotentia inability, poverty, want of moderation. See impotent. (Wiktionary)