from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being incompetent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Inability to perform; lack of competence; ineptitude.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being incompetent; lack of physical, intellectual, or moral ability; lack of qualifications or training (for a particular task); insufficiency; inadequacy.
- n. Lack of competency or legal fitness; incapacity; disqualification, as of a person to be heard as a witness, or to act as a juror, or of a judge to try a cause.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as incompetency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lack of physical or intellectual ability or qualifications
- n. inability of a part or organ to function properly
Sorry, no etymologies found.